1.20.2010

Dear Rain, Please Stay A Little Longer.

It's been pouring here in Los Angeles, it began on Monday and it hasn't stopped yet! Yesterday morning, this morning, waking up at 6am to take the baby sister to school wasn't hard for me at all because I love the rain! The texture of the dirty water and the sound when it hits the floor, it's beautiful. My favorite part? After dropping her off at school & coming back home & curling up into a ball in my bed + blankets :)

There was a pair of Jeffrey Campbell rain boots a while back that I saw on ShopNastyGal, they were at a very reasonable price too, a little bit over $100, I think they were $130 or so but I hesitated to get them because it rarely rains in Los Angeles, well.. I wish I had them today :(


Jeffrey Campbell 'Voom' Rain Boot
$64.95

BUY IT!
Edit.
I think these are the ones! & if they are, SNG sure whooped up the price! They're all black, which is easy to work with when it comes to putting an outfit together. I'm really curious about the quality though.. we'll see since Nordstrom has an amazing return policy anyways.

For the past two days, I've been snuggling until 1pm which is crazy, I know. I still have not managed to make myself go to bed early because I am still sleeping around 2-4am and waking up past 1pm. Not only am I paying for this by getting these dark circles under my eyes but it's unhealthy for the body. This is a big goal for me to accomplish a.s.a.p because it's bad, bad, bad!

I also have a night class this quarter. It's not that bad actually, driving to school at 5pm is traffic free and so is driving back! Driving to class today was gorgeous, take a look. The sky is such a lovely piece of free art that people often don't appreciate. If mother nature was a person, I'd marry her.

I almost forgot!
Last night I did something amazing. Something I haven't done in a long time. Something that I had been wanting to do but has been too lazy to. I COOKED DINNER!

Sun-dried tomato, parsley & cream cheese ravioli.

Here are the ingredients if you want to try it!
  • 4 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
  • chopped up sun dried tomatoes! (as many as you like)
  • 1/4 cup cut and shredded up parsley (you can use basil too!)
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 bs olive oil
  • 2 tbs balasmic vinegar
  • salt & freshly ground black pepper
Honestly, this dish doesn't have a lot of taste and it doesn't give your mouth a kick but it's the perfect light and healthy dinner. I added the sun-dried tomatoes just because I love having them in every pasta dish I make and that definietly added some more taste but if your not using sun dried tomatoes, it may be a bit plain for those who are use to eatting very cheesy and salty foods. I bought the raviolis from Costco and they come in a pack of 2, so this weekend I'll be making the other package. My sister loves alfredo sauce so I will be making that this weekend!

No comments: