1.15.2010

Coo coo for Alexander Wang's Coco Duffel.

After graduating high school & before I began at FIDM, I told my parents and most importantly, told myself, that all of my tuition at FIDM would be covered by me. I wanted to do it as a self accomplishment and to feel that feeling of actually "growing up". Due to this, recently I've been having to pay off some loans for school, resulting in my handbag collection to minimize. I've sold about 5+ of my Rebecca Minkoff handbags and though it hurts to see that I had to give up some of the rarest bags out there, I just told myself that I wasn't using them and I had to do what was best, for the bags and myself. Most of the bags are likely to be with members of The Purse Forum so they are being well carried and loved.

I've also been taking time off from visiting The Purse Forum (TPF) everyday. I slowly drifted away from my laptop and most TPFers would know that less visits to the forum helps with the temptations of wanting to BUY.

Until one day, I spotted this handbag on a model, on a fashion blog,



I was instantly mesmorized and immediately began Google-ing the bag.


ALEXANDER WANG
Coco Duffel w/ Brass Studs
$850


Here we have Mary-Kate Olsen toting the bag around. Celebrities such as Kritin Cavallari, Ashley Tisdale, and Rihanna also own one.

Studs, embellishments and sequins don't normally catch my attention and even with all of these being some of the recent trends, I still haven't seem to follow but this bag, WOW, it took my breathe away. I found the thread on The Purse Forum and stalked boutiques for it and finally got lucky and found one!

I told myself this was going to be my birthday and Christmas present to myself and so far, this bag is still satisfying my handbag hunger so goodness for that!

I guess I under estimated the wonders of studs. The over use of these stud foots that Alexander Wang created is not only an amazing piece of art but great for a bag because a handbag finishes an outfit and this bag does that exactly. You can pretty much carry it dressed up or down!

Since then I have been following AW and his recent collection has me speechless. Why didn't I ever notice him before, this boy is a genius!

Spring/Summer 2010

Combo Dress
Retails for $595 but it's currently on sale at ShopBop for $297.50!

BUY IT!

Does the pattern on the top look like Scrabble or is it just me?

Safari Double Breasted Dress with Wrap Belt
$765

BUY IT!

I love this one. I watched the entire collection and AW said he was inspired by uniforms that he wore back when he went to school in China. Many of the pieces from the collection consisted of very neutral colors like beige, tan, orange, and red.

& last but not least,

Antik Denim Leather Donna Hobo
$820

BUY IT!

AW is the ONLY designer who I found to love zippers being done on a handbag!

No comments: