2.11.2010

Alexander McQueen, another beautiful+creative tragedy.

Every morning during breakfast I like to read my Twitter feed. It's somewhat become like my daily news, lol. I had Chex and Rice Crispies with milk today, as I touched the refresh button on my iPhone, a tweet popped up that I wish it hadn't. I felt my creative bones freeze. British Fashion Designer Alexander McQueen passed away this morning in his home in London. According to Harper's Bazaar, it hasn't been confirmed, yet. I didn't have time to turn on the television and I didn't expect the entire world to make this a big deal besides us fashion peps anyways, but surprisingly, Ryan Seacrest on FM102.7 KIIS covered this tragic morning news.


According to a lady in London (I forgot her name) who was on the phone with Ryan, Alexander McQueen's mother had passed away 3 days ago AND exactly 3 years ago, his good friend and mentor Isabella Blow took her life away in May 2007 after discovering that she had ovarian cancer. (via j'adore j'adore)


I loved McQueen's bold and exagerrated work. There was no way you could miss his designs. I'm truly saddened by this especially having today being the first day of New York Fashion Week. I feel like it just won't be the same this year anymore. London Fashion Week sure won't be.


Image via Stylesight
All other images via numerous websites through Google.

Rest In Peace.
Alexander McQueen.
March 17, 1969-February 11, 2010

No comments: